As of May 1, 2019, pursuant to the amended Sign Regulations approved by the Fort Bend County Commissioners Court on April 23, 2019, all sign permit applications must be submitted directly to Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority (“FBCTRA”), instead of Fort Bend County, for review and approval. However, sign permits previously submitted and approved through the Fort Bend County permitting process will remain valid, pursuant to the terms of the updated Sign Regulations.
Prior to submitting a sign permit application, please review your submittal thoroughly to ensure your sign plans comply with the updated Sign Regulations, which govern the placement, size, and certain aspects of sign design, to achieve visual continuity, reduce sign clutter, and enhance driver safety along Grand Parkway, Westpark Tollway, and Fort Bend Parkway (“County Toll Roads”). These regulations help establish the permitting, construction, maintenance, and alternation requirements for all signs placed along County Toll Roads.
All applicants are required to submit sign permit applications, sign plans, and payment via the Permit Application Portal. Generally, it takes ten (10) business days to complete the sign permit review, pending no outstanding permit or processing issues. For all questions regarding the sign application process, refer to the updated Sign Regulations or email email@example.com or call (832) 735-7385.
Access and Utility Permits
FM 1093 / Westpark Tollway and Former Southern Pacific Railroad ROW
- Contact Fort Bend County Engineering (Rick Staigle at firstname.lastname@example.org) for access permits for all locations along FM 1093 from the Fort Bend/Harris County line to Eagle Lake. Fort Bend County will determine if TxDOT, County, or City driveway spacing requirements will apply. Once driveway locations have been determined, TxDOT will issue the permits.
- If an access driveway or street also crosses the former Southern Pacific Railroad right-of-way (ROW), a Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority permit will also be required. Please be advised that any and all crossings require an approved permit prior to any type of construction or access in or across the ROW. Submit a permit application via the Permit Application Portal. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Keely Campbell via email at email@example.com or via phone at (281) 500-6050.
- Contact TxDOT for all utility permits along FM 1093/Westpark Tollway Corridor. Early coordination with Fort Bend County Engineering (Rick Staigle at firstname.lastname@example.org) is recommended. TxDOT will require an e-mail from Fort Bend County Engineering prior to issuing permit.
- If the utility crosses the former Southern Pacific Railroad right-of-way (ROW), a Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority permit will also be required. Submit a permit application via the Permit Application Portal. If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call (832) 735-7385.
Fort Bend Parkway and Fort Bend Grand Parkway (SH99) Toll Roads
Access and Utility Permits
- Contact Fort Bend County Engineering for permits along Fort Bend Parkway and Fort Bend Grand Parkway toll roads.